Special Activity Permits serve to regulate activities and promote environmental, safety, or security concerns; restrict numbers of visitors to an area; place restrictions on the recreational use activity; or provide information to the user concerning their activity. Examples of an activity requiring a special activity permit include fishing tournaments with 10-49 boats, regattas with 49 boats or less, weddings with 49 or less participants, and boat dock construction.
Criteria for special activities include:
- Is participated in by individuals or small groups.
- Does not involve vendor sales.
- Conveys permission to undertake a specific activity.
- Does not require additional USACE support.
- Has the potential to impact project resources beyond ordinary use.
- An application must be obtained, completed and submitted to the Lanier Project Management Office at least 30 days prior to the activity start date to allow for adequate coordination and scheduling.
- A minimum $50 nonrefundable administrative fee will be charged for each application (*Additional $50 fee for the use of Little Hall Park).
- In addition to the permit fee, a fee may be charged to recover cost incurred by the Corps, to manage the permit program, as determined by the Operations Project Manager.