The mission of the Real Estate Systems National Center (RESNC) is to support and enable the Real Estate business processes to perform effectively and efficiently with automation tools and knowledge management resources that meet and exceed industry standards.
The RESNC oversees all of the operational computer information technology (IT) support for the successful operation of Real Estate business processes to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Real Estate community, including Headquarters, major subordinate commands, U.S. Army Engineer Districts, and the Real Estate Configuration Management Board and User Group Control Configuration Boards.
As a forward operating element of Headquarters of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the RESNC serves as the Program Executive Office (PEO) of Real Estate Automated Information Systems (AIS) for the Headquarters of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Real Estate Directorate, and is located at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District.
Work to accomplish Real Estate Information Technology (IT) Goals:
- On-going response to Real Estate business process re-engineering, streamlining and centralization of standard Real Estate business processes.
- Integrate enterprise-wide Real Estate business processes and data sharing.
- Streamline business processes.
- Ensure IT investments meet business performance goals.
- Ensure IT investments promote virtual teaming and collaboration among the total Real Estate Community of Practice (CoP).
Work to implement Real Estate AIS and related IT initiatives:
- Best value.
- Standardized best practices.
- Quality improvements.
- Integrated solutions.
Utilize project management principles:
- Proactive planning, management, and monitoring.
- Collaboration for early and ongoing user buy-in.
- Apply technologies for efficiency and quality.
- Share lessons learned.
- Integrated teamwork to promote accountability and transparency.
- Effective communication process focused and results oriented.
- Utilize innovative solutions.
- Use best practices in IT project management.
Commit to success:
- Fully integrated Real Estate AIS for planning, acquisition, management and disposal of real property.
Rental Facilities Management Information System (RFMIS)
The RFMIS is the system of record for all in-leasing (Leased Government Housing, Military, Civil and DoD Recruiting) activities of the USACE Real Estate community. The USACE is the executive agent for the Department of Defense (DoD) Rental Facilities Recruiting program. The Executive Agent roles per DoDD 5160.58E (5.2.5) are to establish and maintain an automated management information system to support cost-effective planning, programming, budgeting, and program/budget execution of the DoD recruiting facilities program. The system shall support the management responsibilities of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (DUSD), the military services, the executive agent and the joint recruiting facilities committee. RFMIS supports the requirements to execute the mission by offering a web-based system that allows for the entering, modifying and tracking of all “in-leasing” data. The AIS production environment is operating on CorpsNet.
Real Estate Management Information System (REMIS)
The REMIS is the system of record for accountability and management of the Civil and Military Real Property Assets and Out-grants. REMIS provides a uniform, automated method of recording, storing, retrieving, and reporting information related to real property assets and out grants for which USACE is the owner and/or executive agent. REMIS supports the following real estate functional areas: appraisals, acquisitions, disposals, relocations, environmental programs, solicitations, legal services/claims, mobilization, cost share, and other real estate management activities. The AIS production environment is operating on CorpsNet.