Special Event Permits

Special events and activities held on Corps of Engineers property, including waters, such as fishing tournaments, boat regattas, weddings, rowing events, special recreation programs, or other organized events are prohibited unless written permission has been granted by the District Engineer. The Corps manages events through a Special Events Permit Program that is designed to: minimize scheduling conflicts by groups, ensure equal access to recreation areas, and enhance public safety.  A Special Events Permit is required for any event or activity and a permit must be obtained from a Black Warrior & Tombigbee Lakes office at least 30 days prior to the event or activity. This permit is an addition to any permits that may be required by other state and local agencies for water related events.

For events that impact or restrict normal public use of the project a $50 non-refundable fee is required in advance with cash or check. Reservation of an entire park will not be permitted.  If you intend to collect money only non-profit organized events will be permitted.

Fishing Tournaments:

  • A minimum $50.00 fee will be charged for each permit issued for tournaments where 75% or more of the available parking spaces are occupied by the tournament participates.
  • Depending on which public use area is being used the Special Event fee does not include the boat launching fee of $5.00. However valid USACE Annual Day Use Passes will be honored.


  • Organized events on government property, including waters, such as weddings, graduations, rowing, or other events are required to have a minimum $50.00 Special Events Permit. Reservation of an entire park will not be permitted. 

    EXCEPTION:  Rental of a group shelter for a wedding, whereas the wedding is held under the shelter and parking is restricted to spaces located at the shelter, will not be required to obtain a Special Events Permit.


Special Events Permit applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.  The completed Special Events Permit application form (Under Related Links) with $50.00 payment via check/money order (made payable to “FAO MOBILE") can be submitted in person or mailed to the addresses below:

For Special Events on Bankhead, Holt, or Oliver Lakes the permit form needs to be completed and mailed, faxed or delivered in person to:

BWT/AL-Coosa Project
Holt Resource Office
11911 Holt Lock & Dam Road
Cottondale, AL 35453
Fax: 205-556-3908

For Special Events on Warrior, Demopolis, or Coffeeville Lakes the permit form needs to be completed and mailed, faxed or delivered in person to:

BWT/AL-Coosa Project
Demopolis Site Office
384 Resource Management Drive
Demopolis, AL 36732-1546
Fax: 334-289-3193