12 SHELTER INFO2.pdfAll shelters have covered grills, electricity, water, lights, picnic tables, and flush toilets.
NOTE: Closing hours vary during the shelter reservation season.
• Cooper Branch #1, Cooper Branch #2, & Galt’s Ferry have access to a boat launching ramp.
• Cooper Branch #1 shelter is on a first-come, first-serve basis, no reservations; however, be aware of limited parking in the area.
• Cooper Branch #1 & Cooper Branch #2 shelters are adjacent to a horseshoe pit; however, shelter users must provide horseshoes.
• Cooper’s Furnace shelters “A” & “B” are both adjacent to a horseshoe pit and volleyball area. There is also a playground in the area.
• Galt’s Ferry shelter is adjacent to a horseshoe pit. A playground is located at the beach. PLEASE REMIND YOUR GUESTS: PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE PROHIBITED IN GALT’S DAY USE AREA.
• Riverside Park has access to a boat launching ramp on the Etowah River; however it is not usable when generating.
• Riverside Park shelter “A” is adjacent to a playground; play area with backstop; men’s & ladies’ horseshoe pits; and volleyball area.
• Riverside Park shelter “B” has a horseshoe pit.
• Sweetwater Day Use shelter is adjacent to a horseshoe pit and volleyball area. A playground is located by the beach. PLEASE REMIND YOUR GUESTS: PETS AND ALCOHOL ARE PROHIBITED IN SWEETWATER DAY USE AREA.
• Galt’s Ferry & Sweetwater have a public beach; however, there are no lifeguards on duty; swimming is at your own risk.
Horseshoes and volleyballs may be checked out from the Park Attendant/Park Host at Cooper’s Furnace, Galt’s Ferry, Riverside, and Sweetwater; however, a driver’s license will be retained by the Park Attendant/Park Host until the equipment is returned. Softball equipment is not available for check out at Riverside Park.
For reservations and further information, contact the Allatoona Lake Operations Project Management Office, Monday thru Friday, between 8:30 AM and 4 PM at 678-721-6700. A non-refundable fee is required to reserve a shelter. However, shelter use is free on a first-come, first-serve basis provided there is not a confirmed reservation.
SHELTER RESERVATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
12 GEN SHELTER.pdf