MOBILE, Ala. --
Park Rangers at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mobile District’s West Point Project will begin taking reservations for shelters starting May 1, 2019. The shelters will not be available for public use until May 11, 2019. Patrons intending to reserve a shelter must do so six days in advance of their desired use date. Otherwise, unoccupied shelters can be used by the public on a first-come, first serve basis.
Reservations can be made by visiting the reservation website at www.Recreation.gov, or by calling
Some Special Events or Activities may require a separate U.S. Army Corps of Engineers “Special Use Permit”. For more information on Special Use Permits call the West Point Project Office at
Please assist us in making your visit safe and enjoyable. The following guidelines are intended to ensure orderly park operation, visitor safety and protection of public property:
- Vehicles should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
- Golf carts and off-road vehicles including UTV, ATV and dirt bikes are prohibited.
- Please keep the area clean. Trash cans are conveniently located around the shelter.
- Commercial activities are prohibited. Fees may not be collected.
- Roadways shall be kept clear and the normal flow of traffic should not be impeded. Objects such as grills, trailers, inflatable toys and other recreation items will not be placed in the roadways.
- Pets should be kept on a leash under six feet in length. Pets are not allowed on the beaches.
- Please do not feed the wildlife.
- Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs others is prohibited.
- Please wear your life jacket when engaging in water related activities.
- Reservations will not be refunded due to weather related issues.
For more information contact the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers West Point Project Management Office at 706-645-2937 or visit our website at https://go.usa.gov/xmkh9 or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WestPointLake.USACE/.
Release no. 19-010