There are many group and picnic shelters across the Black Warrior & Tombigbee Lakes that are available for rent. These shelters must be reserved at one of the visitor centers or at the nearest campground gatehouse. Most of the shelters are in our day use parks, however there are also some within the campground for campground use only.
There is a fee to reserve a shelter and the fee varies depending on how large the shelter is and its amenities. Below is a listing off all our shelters and what lake they are part of. To view what shelters are in your area, click on the tabs below to see where our shelters are, what they look like, and what you need to do to reserve them.
If you have any questions please call (334) 289-3540 at Demopolis Office, or (205) 553-9373 at our Holt Office.
General Information Links:
SHELTER RESERVATION CONFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
1. Excessive noise is PROHIBITED. This includes the operation or use of any audio or other noise producing device including, but not limited to: radios, televisions, stereos, musical instruments, and motorized equipment in a loud and disruptive manner.
2. Boisterous, rowdy and/or disorderly actions by individuals are prohibited.
3. The group/sponsor will not charge the public a fee to enter the shelter or for items the group/sponsor possesses (i.e., selling of food plates).
4. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking spaces. Vehicles should not be parked off pavement or gravel area without special written permission.
5. Park hours of operation is posted on this site. Shelter should be cleaned, lights turned off, and area vacated by closing time.
6. All trash at shelter and surrounding area (including parking lot) should be picked up and placed in garbage cans. If garbage cans become full, excess trash should be placed in bags and stacked next to garbage cans. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LEAVING THE SHELTER THE WAY YOU FOUND IT.
7. Group size will be limited to seating and parking capacity of shelter and parking area.
8. NO REFUNDS OR RAIN CHECKS OF RESERVATION FEE. Cancellation due to adverse weather may be rescheduled on another opened day.